Work With Us!
We are always looking for EXPERIENCED pet sitters and dog walkers to add to our amazing team to work in the FishHawk Ranch community in Lithia, FL 33547. We only accept applications from those with previous pet care experience, other than their own pets; and other animal care specialists, such as, but not limited to, vet techs, kennel techs, rescue/foster experience, shelter experience, and vet students.
Pet Sitting (vacation) visits are typically scheduled in time blocks between 7am-9pm, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. Seniors and puppies may require additional visits. Mid day dog walking visits are 10am to 2pm Monday thru Friday. Candidates with full availability (AM, PM, weekends, holidays, and limited pet restrictions) are preferred. Pay includes time and a half for holidays and drive time between clients’ homes.
Candidates should meet the following conditions before applying:
- Can commit to the pet sitting schedule for at least one year (this is not a seasonal position) We want our clients to be able to establish a bond with their sitter.
- Have availability to work weekends, nights, and all major holidays. Must be employed for one year before requesting holidays off. (Availability does not mean you will be working all weekends and nights).
- Comfortable taking care of dogs of all ages/sizes, cats, and other small animals and have no allergy concerns.
- Be in good physical condition
- Have clean and respectable appearance
- Enjoy working outside in all types of weather – we walk in heat, rain, and shine!
- Have a dependable car, good driving record, and driver’s license
- Be comfortable walking dogs of all breeds, sizes, and personalities (including dog-aggressive and fear-aggressive breeds & rescues!)
- Handle dogs up to 100 pounds and more than one dog at a time
- Have a cell phone
- Have a clear understanding of canine/feline behavior
- Experience in administering medication and insulin, is preferred but can train.
- Experience with geriatric pets
- Prefer applicants to be 18+ years old to be covered under business liability insurance, but may consider 16-17 years old with excellent recommendations and work ethic.
- Work will require multiple visits a day within the FishHawk Community so applicants should live in the FishHawk Community or within a short distance of area.
Positions will not require work on a daily basis; however, we are looking for those who can be available most days of the week for when clients are on vacation. You must be FLEXIBLE! As this is an “as needed” customer-driven business, we are often revising the schedule to meet the desires and needs of our clients. This is a great way to earn supplemental income and build a solid reputation. If you truly have the heartfelt love for animals, are mature, extremely reliable, detailed oriented, self-motivated, pleasant to work with, committed to excellent customer service, and would like to become part of our family of pet sitters, this may be the perfect job for you. You must have a clear criminal history and agree to a criminal background check.
Please submit your resume with experience and availability to firstname.lastname@example.org.